Nasarawa State government on Wednesday has announced that a driver with the Nigeria Center for Disease Control has tested positive for the COVID-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus.
The State governor, Abdullahi Sule, made this known on Tuesday.
He said the affected driver got infected while transporting test samples for the NCDC in Abuja.
He added that he was declared positive on Tuesday morning and has been moved to the isolation centre at the Federal Medical Centre, Keffi, for treatment.
The governor further explained that all the patients are currently receiving treatment at the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital, Lafia, and the Federal Medical Centre, Keffi.
Meanwhile, three patients receiving treatment for Coronavirus in Kano state have been discharged after recovering from the disease.
Tijjani Hussain, coordinator of the technical response team on COVID-19, broke the news in Kano on Tuesday afternoon.
Since the state recorded its first case in April, this is the first time that patients would be discharged.
Kano currently has 342 confirmed cases of the disease, the second highest in the country.
The state had been hit by a wave of deaths in the last three weeks, leading to reports that COVID-19 is responsible but Abdullahi Ganduje, the governor, had initially denied that coronavirus is responsible for the deaths.
However, the governor later admitted that there was crisis in the state, saying Kano was in trouble.
On Sunday, Sani Aliyu, coordinator of the presidential task force on COVID-19, had said coronavirus is behind mass deaths in Kano.
Speaking with reporters, Aliyu, who also lost his father during the period that Kano recorded a high number of deaths, said investigation had shown that COVID-19 is responsible for some of the deaths.