Mohammed Jemilu Guddare, the man in the viral video alleged to have attacked President Muhammadu Buhari at the Opening ceremony of the Argungu fishing and Cultural festival on Thursday in Kebbi has apologised over the outrage caused by his actions.
Guddare who was speaking with the media on Friday in Birin Kebbi says he was just a fan of the president who was excited to have a handshake with him.
He confirmed that he was not shot at as being circulated in some section of the media.
Though, the press conference was organised by the Presidency
Mohammed Gundare a graduate of public administration from Uthman Dan Fodio University Sokoto was seen in the viral video trying to move close to president Buhari when he was stopped by the security details attached to the president.
The video on Thursday generated a lot of outrage in the media especially with reports of Gunshots heard at the venue of the cultural festival. He has since returned to his family.
Meanwhile, the presidency had early reacted to the incident in which a man wanted to attack President Muhammadu Buhari at Argungu festival in Kebbi State.
The Presidency said the man who charged at President Muhammadu Buhari in Kebbi wanted to greet the president.
Newsflash247 had earlier reported the incident which occurred when Buhari visited Kebbi on Thursday.
In a statement released by the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the president, Femi Adesina, saying the claim that the man wanted to attack Buhari was false.
“As the President went round the arena to inspect rice pyramids on display, and take photographs with farmers, a young man was so very excited to see his President so close. He made an attempt to get to him.
“World over, such would not be allowed by security details. The young man was prevented, and he protested that he should be allowed to greet his President.” Adesina said.