The Nigerian Twitter user has described Nigeria as the country where referred the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC as referee while referring the Supreme Court as the newly video technics by European football named Video Assistant Referee (VAR).
Recall that, there two scenarios which were happening this year; the Imo and Bayelsa States governorship elections.
In Imo State, the Supreme Court had sacked the election of Hon Emeka Ihedioha of the Peoples Democratic Party as Imo State Governor and declared Hope Uzodinma of the All progressives Congress, APC, as authentic governor of Imo State.
The apex court declared Hope Uzodinma of APC who came fourth as the winner of the March 9 governorship election in the state.
Also, in Bayelsa State, Twenty-four hours to be sworn in David Lyon of the All Progressives Congress, APC, as the governor of Bayelsa State, the Supreme Court sacked him on the grounds that his running mate presented forged documents to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Douye Diri, his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) rival, was sworn in on Friday 14, as governor along with his Deputy, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
Meanwhile, one of the Nigerians Twitter users, @DeeOneAyekooto heightened some satirical mood.
Though, Ayekooto Akindele (DeeOneAyekooto), a member of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ekiti State as Newsflash247 online news portal gathered the report on him.
1. “Mary Odili, an Indigene of Imo State from same LG with Ihedioha. PDP former First Lady in Rivers State. Wellpla
2. “That was how Onnoghen would have sacked GMB and Osinbajo because “Mohammed is not Muhammadu and your WAEC cert has issues”
3. “PDP didn’t win a single polling unit in Zamfara, won only a LG in Bayelsa…..
Democracy is beyond the game of numbers.
4. “This Bayelsa Supreme Court judgment will make ALL of your MCMs, who derided the Imo judgment, very STUPID.
Just watch as they struggle to applaud this ruling without looking silly and confused.
5. “In Imo, APC did not seek to disqualify PDP, they said they have higher figures than PDP and they proved it. Politics is a game of numbers. In Zamfara, PDP didn’t claim they won, they said APC candidate must be disqualified. In Ogun, APM sought to disqualify APC. In Bayelsa, PDP asked for disqualification of APC not that they won with votes.
In Nigeria, PDP said GMB wasn’t qualified to run and that he does not have WAEC Certificate. They also said he falsified his name from Mohammed to Muhammadu.
The Court ruled that Buhari has WAEC CERTIFICATE and even if he did not, he has possessed higher qualifications which made his possession of WAEC certificate irrelevant.
They also said Mohammed and Muhammadu is not an issue……..which everyone considers sound judgment. But in Bayelsa, the Supreme Court says a different thing.
Judgement is in now about the heart of My Lord not about some documents or precedents.
7. “If you have serious “BP” issues, stay away from politics and soccer in your best interest.
8. “Funny APC guys are blaming Mary Odili as if they’re saints too. If dem get opportunity of perhaps one of their wives controlling Supreme Court too, shey dem no go sack Makinde and Tambuwal?. Mary Odili is as loyal to her party just like you.
Stop claiming to be a super saint please!
9. “INEC is the Referee, Supreme Court is the VAR!
Play like Messi, Dribble like Ronaldo, without VAR you’re just another Yakubu.
10. “The moment Onnoghress gets out of VAR, Amaechi will also score more goals!
There’s a clear difference between LAW and JUSTICE. Only JUSTICE can guarantee peace!
May God grant Bayelsa Peace?
Law can disenfranchise over 400,000 votes and make 100, 000 votes winner but JUSTICE will not!
Supreme Court threw away PDP prayer that APC defence is thrown away because Osinbajo wasn’t joined with Buhari. Supreme Court said they’re dealing with Buhari alone not with Osinbajo…..
Joint Ticket Abracadabra, posterity will never forgive and forget those that participated in it”.