Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has set up a 13-man committee to coordinate the burial ceremony of the late Afenifere leader, Pa Ayo Fasanmi.
Fasanmi, a former Senator and the leader of the Yoruba socio-cultural group Afenifere and Egbe Ilosiwaju Yoruba, Senator Ayo Fasanmi, who died on July 30, aged 94 years is dead.
Fasanmi, an indigene of Iye Ekiti in Ilejemeje Local Government Area of Ekiti State and was a Second Republic Senator.
Fasanmi was born on 25th September 1925.
Burial arrangement has set up a 13-man committee by the Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi, to coordinate the burial ceremony of the late Afenifere leader, Pa Ayo Fasanmi.
The committee is to work with the family of the late elder statesman and the government of Osun State to ensure a befitting burial for the deceased, who will be buried in Iye Ekiti in Ilejemeje Local Government Area, Ekiti State on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
The committee is headed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr Biodun Oyebanji.
Members of the Committee are:
1. Mr. Biodun Oyebanji — Chairman
2. Senator Bunmi Adetunmbi — Member
3. Hon. Ibrahim Olanrewaju — Member
4. Hon Tope Ogunleye —Member
5. Chief Folorunsho Olabode — Member
6. Barr. Paul Omotosho — Member
7. Hon. Femi Ajayi — Member
8. Mr. Ayoola Owolabi — Member
9. Aare Muyiwa Olomilua — Member
10. Chief (Mrs) Moji Fafure — Member
11. Brig-Gen. Ebenezer Ogundana (rtd) — Member
12. Chief Alaba Abejide — Member
13. Mr. Taju Adejumo — Secretary