The four Ministers in Burkina Faso; Foreign Affairs, Interior, Education, and Mines and Quarries have tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.
Burkina Faso was one of the Africans continent battles with the surge in the number of infected people.
According to the guardian reports said the country’s health emergency response operations centre also allegedly reported two new deaths on Saturday, March 21.
The West African country said it has recorded three deaths since the outbreak of the deadly virus, adding that 24 new cases were confirmed on Friday, March 20.
Burkina Faso reportedly has a total of 64 confirmed cases (29 women and 35 men).
The country has also recorded five cases of recovery. In a bid to contain the spread of the virus, the government of Burkina Faso has closed its land and air borders and introduced curfew starting on Saturday, March 21.
Meanwhile, the Nigeria’s Health Minister, Osagie Ehanire, on Saturday, March 21, has confirmed another 10 new cases of coronavirus, including in the federal capital territory (FCT), Abuja.
The confirmation was made on the official Twitter handle of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, @NCDCgov.
According to the tweet, Nigeria has confirmed 10 new cases of COVID19.
He said the infection is in three states in addition to the FCT — Lagos, Ekiti, and Ogun.
There are a total of 22 confirmed cases in the country currently.
The three cases in Abuja — two males and one female — all returned from abroad between March 14 and 18.
While one has been in self-isolation, the other two have not.
The minister also said the 10 new cases are Nigerians and that nine of them have travel history to Canada, France, The Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom and returned in the past one week, while the tenth case is a close contact of a previously confirmed case.
Ehanire said: “Nigeria has recorded 10 new cases of COVID-19 in Lagos and Abuja.
“That is a total of 22 cases in Nigeria: Lagos, 16; FCT, 3; Ekiti, 1, and Ogun, 2.”
He added that two of the patients have been discharged, and that “all cases are clinically stable and receiving adequate care”.
One of the recent cases confirmed in Lagos was that of local transmission.
The patient in his 50s did not travel out of the country, but had contact with one of the patients that returned from abroad.
To curb the spread of the virus, the federal government banned travellers — with the exception of Nigerians — from 15 countries that have recorded more than 1,000 cases of the disease.
Most schools including tertiary institutions have also been shut down till further notice.
The FCT administration had said it set up two isolation wards in the nation’s capital in response to the disease.
Moreover, the Nigerian government has shut Nigeria’s international airports in Lagos and Abuja.
The government also barred international flights from coming into Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos and the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, Abuja, effective from Monday, March 23.
The ban is expected to be in place until April 23, according to a statement by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.