Electricity

Two Die, Many Injured As Members Electrocuted During Church Service In Osun

There was mourning on Sunday in Egbeda Village near Osogbo following the electrocution of two members of Celestial Church of Christ.

The incident occurred during service in church. At least two people died, many survived with severe injuries.

An eye witness revealed that the deceased, Yinka Adeniyi and Busayo Akande, were holding a microphone when they were electrocuted. The corpses have been deposited in the hospital morgue and the injured are undergoing treatment in a health facility in Osogbo.

A member of the church, who preferred not to be named, said those that were injured were being treated in an undisclosed health facility in Osogbo.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Folasade Odoro, confirmed that the victims died from electrocution.

She urged residents to always adhere to safety measures while using electrical appliances, adding that “detectives from our command are also working to unravel other things that may not be immediately evident but may be connected to the incident.”

(Visited 166 times, 1 visits today)
Download the latest version of Newsflash247 Android App.

Leave a Reply

nine × one =

|
Contact Us| Privacy Policy |About Us | Terms|Disclaimer |Advertise