Bayelsa State governor elect, David Lyon, a candidate of the All progressives Congress (APC), who has successfully challenged and finally broken the two-decade-old dominance of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on the politics of Bayelsa state.
Lyon emerged winner of the governorship election in the oil-rich-state conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Sunday, November 17.
Candidates representing 45 political parties participated in the election.
The profile of the new Bayelsa state governor for those who do not know him well
Here are 13 things you should know about Lyon
1. His full name is David Lyon Perewonrimi
2. He is the CEO of Darlon Security and Guard, a private security firm in Bayelsa state.
3. He was born into the Olodiana clan of Southern Ijaw local government area of the state.
4. He is a wealthy businessman.
5. He is not a very popular face in the Bayelsa political landscape.
6. He contested under the platform of PDP as an aspirant to represent the Southern Ijaw constituency IV in 2011.
7. He defected from the PDP in 2015 to join the ruling APC.
8. He was born on December 20, 1970, in Olugbobiri community.
9. He is 49 years old.
10. He attended Saint Gabriel’s State School Olugbobiri, from 1978 to 1983
11. He attended community secondary school, Olugbobiri, from 1984 to 1988.
12. He went to Rivers state College of Education
13. He possesses a National Certificate of Education (NCE).