The Nigeria’s Health Minister, Osagie Ehanire, on Sunday, March 22, has confirmed another three new cases of coronavirus, including Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
This comes a day after 10 fresh cases were announced on Saturday.
Nigeria now has 25 confirmed cases of the virus.
Two persons have however, been discharged to go home and spending time in isolation centres for treatment.
No deaths have been recorded in the country for the pandemic.
Confirming the development, the Nigeria Center for Disease Control in a Twitter post said, “Three new cases of #COVID19 have been confirmed in #Nigeria.
“As at 06:45am on the 22nd of March, there are 25 confirmed cases of #COVID19 recorded in Nigeria.
“Of the 25 confirmed cases, two have been discharged with no death.”
Meanwhile, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has confirmed that a case of Coronavirus had been detected in the city.
In a statement on Sunday morning, he said, “The COVID-19 confirmation test for the suspected case at Bodija has come back positive. The result was released at 17:35pm on March 21, 2020.
“A follow-up on the Ekiti COVID-19 case revealed that the deceased was picked up directly from Lagos Airport to a private apartment in Ona Ara Local Government Area.
“The health authorities have contacted the family concerned and the community has been alerted for intensified contact tracing and self-isolation of identified close contacts. The information given that he stayed in some hotels in Ibadan has been found to be false.
“Another returnee from Texas, USA, has also been identified at Oluyole Local Government Area. She has been kept in self-isolation with close monitoring by the state epidemiological team.
“All recent returnees are again urged to identify themselves to ministry officials and self-isolate for 14 days.”
Three new cases of the virus were announced in Nigeria on Sunday morning, bringing the total confirmed infections to 25.