At least three (3) million applicants have enrolled for about 400,000 job spaces in the third batch of the Federal Government’s N-Power programme.
Recall that the N-Power Programme was inaugurated by the President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
The programme has enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries so far with 200,000 from Batch A which started in September 2016 and 300,000 from Batch B which kicked off in August 2018.
The beneficiaries were supposed to spend not less than 24 months on the programme but Batch A beneficiaries have spent over 40 months.
The batch A will be exiting the program last month, June 30 while batch B will also exit July 31 as earlier announced by the ministry.
The candidates applied for the programme through the online portal of the N-Power scheme which was opened for applications on June 26, 2020.
N-Power is one of the National Social Investment Programmes of the Federal Government.
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development said on Friday that it was carrying out the transitioning of independent monitors recruited to monitor Batch A and B of the N-Power programme as well as other NSIPs.
The Federal Government, through the N-Power office, had stated that it would absorb 400,000 applicants as Batch C beneficiaries.
The humanitarian ministry’s Deputy Director, Information, Rhoda Iliya, said, “Enrolment of beneficiaries for N-power Batch C commenced on June 26, 2020 and has received over three million applications since the portal opened.
“The application process will be concluded as soon as possible to provide additional Nigerian youths access to the programme.”
Read the news on Twitter