Local News

Ekiti Traces 70 out of 73 people Contacts of Third Coronavirus Patient

The Ekiti Government, on Monday, April 20, has announced that 70 out of the 73 people the state’s third Coronavirus index case had contacts with had been traced.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr. Mojisola Yaya – Kolade, disclosed on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti that the people were identified through an aggressive contact-tracing carried out by the State Government.

“Out of the 73 people, we have traced 70 of them and they are currently being monitored.

“We have advised them to be in self-isolation for 14 days, while the secondary contacts are being traced with the aid of our district surveillance officers.

“Some of the people who do not have homes to perform self-isolation have been given accommodations by government.”

The commissioner disclosed that 42 blood samples had been taken to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and that 39 of them had been done without any confirmed case.

The commissioner explained that the 29-year-old pregnant woman, who tested positive for COVID- 19 on April 17, was gradually stabilising and responding to treatment.

On April 18, Gov. Kayode Fayemi had while confirming the news of the third index case in Ekiti, explained that the woman, a health officer in Lagos State sneaked into Ekiti and went into coma after being operated upon at a private clinic during labour.

Also speaking at the new conference, the Governor’s Special Adviser on Security, Brig.-Gen. Ebenezer Ogundana, said that the government had beefed up security at the state’s border communities to check influx of COVID-19 carriers.

READ ALSO: Lagos govt shuts down Hospital where Abba Kyari’s death treated

Ogundana said that traditional rulers and youths in the communities had also been enlisted to check unauthorised movements into the state from neighbouring states.

Meanwhile, Ekiti State on Monday night, April 20, has recorded a new case of Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed infections in the state to 4.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), on Monday night, announced one case in Ekiti State, bringing the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 665.

NCDC made the announcement on Monday night, on its official Twitter account.

The new cases are spread across Kano, Gombe, Kaduna, Borno, Abia, Sokoto and Ekiti states as well as Abuja, the country capital.

According to the breakdown, Kano recorded 23 cases; five in Gombe, three in Kaduna, two in Borno, two in Abia, one in the FCT, one in Sokoto and one in Ekiti.

Newsflash247 Nigeria

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Download the latest version of Newsflash247 Android App.
Tags

Victor Akande

Victor Akande, a blogger by profession for the past 7 years. He studied Mathematics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Contact: +2348053316946 Twitter: @Newsflash2471

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

forty seven − 43 =

Back to top button
Close
Close