The Lagos State Ministry of Health has announced and confirmed the third case of COVID19 in Nigeria.
This was disclosed by the ministry via its Twitter handle, @LSMOH, on Tuesday.
The ministry tweets:
“Third case of #COVID19NIGERIA confirmed in Lagos.
– This is a new case independent of the index case
– 30 year old Nigerian, female
– Returned from the UK on 13th March
– Observed self-Isolation, developed symptoms
– Tested positive
– Now at Mainland GH receiving care”
According to the ministry, the new patient is a Nigerian woman, who recently returned from the United Kingdom.
She returned on March 13, 2020, and is currently kept in isolation for treatment.