The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Thursday, February 6, has announced September 19 and October 10 for the Edo and Ondo States Governorship election.
The commission also deregistered 74 political parties in Nigeria.
According to the INEC chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, said with the new decision, Nigeria now has 15 political parties.
The successful parties are
- Accord Party, AP
- Action Alliance, AA
- African Action Congress,AAC
- African Democratic Congress, ADC
- All Progressives Congress, APC
- All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA
- Allied Peoples Movement, APM
- Labour Party,LP
- New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP
- National Rescue Movement, NRM
- Peoples Democratic Party, PDP
- Peoples Redemption Party, PRP
- Social Democratic Party, SDP
- Young Progressives Party, YPP
- Zenith Labour Party.ZLP
According to him, 75 parties didn’t satisfy the requirement but one went to Court.