Local News

BREAKING: Ekiti records suspected case of Coronavirus

The Ekiti State government on Thursday, April 2, has announced that a suspected case of COVID-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus has been recorded in the state.

At a media briefing on Thursday, Mojisola Yaya-Kolade, the State Commissioner for Health, said the suspected case is a 23-year-old male whose sample has been taken for necessary tests.

She said the suspected case has also been quarantined pending the outcome of the test result.

Yaya-Kolade noted that the second confirmed case in the state, a 43-year-old man, was suspected to have contracted the disease at the Lagos airport where he had an “official assignment in the last 14-days”.

She said the patient had been admitted into the isolation centre while the environment team will disinfect his premises as soon as possible.

She said: “We have another suspected COVID-19 case which is currently quarantined pending the availability of his test result.

“Ekiti state has one discharged case, one positive case and one suspected case as at today, April 2, 2020.”

She urged residents of the state to comply with the stay-at-home directive.

“Observe preventive measures of frequent hand washing with soap and running water, avoid bodily contact with anyone, cough or sneeze into your curved elbow, disinfect surface regularly and maintain social distancing,” she said.

The state discharged its index Coronavirus patient on Tuesday.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Download the latest version of Newsflash247 Android App.
Tags

Victor Akande

Victor Akande, a blogger by profession for the past 7 years. He studied Mathematics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Contact: +2348053316946 Twitter: @Newsflash2471

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × = twenty four

Back to top button
Close
Close