Local News

BREAKING: Ekiti records 4 new cases of Coronavirus

Ekiti State on Saturday, April 25, has recorded 4 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus, bringing the total confirmed cases in the state to be 8.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, the government said the results of the tests conducted on the patients came in earlier in the day.

Newsflash247 gathered that the four patients came in contact with the doctor of a 29-year-old pregnant woman who died after childbirth.

The doctor is currently receiving treatment.

“We can confirm four (4) new #COVID19 positive cases in Ekiti State whose result came back positive today.

As at 8:00 am on April 25, there are five (5) active cases of COVID-19 in Ekiti State. Discharged: 2. Death: 1,” the tweets read.

“The newly confirmed cases are currently stable and asymptomatic and they have been transferred to the State’s Isolation Center, Ado-Ekiti while our contact tracing team have commenced the process of contact identification and tracing of their immediate contacts for isolation.

“This brings the total of #COVID19 positive cases in Ekiti State to eight (8) – five (5) active, (2) discharged and one (1) death.”

Similarly, Osun State on Saturday, April 25, has recorded 12 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus, bringing the total confirmed cases in the state to be 32.

A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Ismail Omipidan, confirmed that the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu said the confirmed cases are recorded in Osogbo, Ife, Ede, Ikire and Ejigbo.

He said, “The state has carried out 167 tests and 12 returned positive. This brings the number of active COVID-19 cases in Osun to 13.

Isamotu said the fresh tests were carried out in the last two weeks of the lockdown, adding that the lockdown has proven effective in containing spread of the virus.

The Commissioner urged residents of the State not to panic but should continue to comply with the stay-at-home directive of the State government, keep social distancing and observe all precautionary measures to curb the spread of the disease.

He also reiterated that the ban on public gatherings remains in force, just as he urged residents to take the wearing of face mask seriously as it is now compulsory across the state.

Newsflash247 Nigeria

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Download the latest version of Newsflash247 Android App.

Victor Akande

Victor Akande, a blogger by profession for the past 7 years. He studied Mathematics at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Contact: +2348053316946 Twitter: @Newsflash2471

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

seventy nine − seventy seven =

Back to top button
Close
Close