The All Progressives Congress, APC, has ratified the election of Arc. Tonye Dele Cole as the governorship candidate of the party in Rivers State for the 2019 election.
Cole is one of the 24 governorship candidates whose election at the APC gubernatorial primaries held across the country was confirmed by the National Working Committee, NWC, of APC, a statement signed by the Ag. National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, said.
The statement released on Friday listed other candidates to include Abdullahi Umar Ganduje for Kano State, Mohammed Abubakar, Bauchi, Simon Lalong, Plateau, Nasir El-Rufai, Kaduna, and Mohammed Badaru Abubakar, Jigawa.
APC is expected to submit their names to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, early next week.
Find the complete statement below.
Following the Governorship Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held across the country, the Party’s National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopts the under-listed as Governorship candidates of the APC for the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
1. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje – Kano State
2. Mohammed Abubakar – Bauchi State
3. Simon Lalong – Plateau State
4. Nasir el-Rufai – Kaduna State
5. Mohammed Badaru Abubakar – Jigawa State
6. Ahmed Aliyu – Sokoto State
7. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu – Kebbi State
8. Aminu Bello Masari – Katsina State
9. Abubakar Sani Bello – Niger State
10. Babagana Umara-Zulum – Borno State
11. Mai Mala Buni – Yobe State
12. Abubakar A. Sule – Nasarawa State
13. Emmanuel Jimme – Benue State
14. Babajide Sanwo–Olu – Lagos State
15. Tonye Cole – Rivers State
16. Uche Ogah – Abia State
17. Nsima Ekere – Akwa Ibom State
18. Adebayo Adelabu – Oyo State
19. Dapo Abiodun – Ogun State
20. Great Ogboru – Delta State
21. Owan Enoh – Cross River
22. Inuwa Yahaya – Gombe State
23. Sunny Ogboji – Ebonyi State
24. Sani Abubakar Danladi – Taraba State
Mr. Yekini Nabena
Ag. National Publicity Secretary