NIMET to Nigerians: Brace up for more hot days, nights
2 months ago Admin 0
With the continual heat wave biting harder, the Nigerian Meteorological Agency ( NIMET ) has warned Nigerians to brace up for more hot days and warm Nights.
In a letter addressed to the generality of the populace, Nigerians have been advised to take these following steps to battle dehydration.
They have also been urged to develop smart adaptation techniques in order to survive the heat wave.
Here are eight ways Nigerians can combat the heat wave:
1. Drinking more water to stay hydrated
2. Keep a water bottle close by. This is to remind you to always take water. Carry it about always.
3. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks during this period. Reduce the sweet and juicy junks.
4. Reduce food rich in protein. This is because they increase metabolic heat.
5. Go natural. Eat lots of fresh foods, fruits and vegetables.
6. Do health checkups. Monitor your blood pressure.
7. Don’t go outside at noon. Stay indoors from 12 noon till 3 pm
8. Avoid warm baths at night. Take cold baths before you retire to bed
Health is wealth. This heat wave will pass. In all, Nigerians have been advised to stay healthy and hydrated while this period lasts.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)